1 2
 1 2
07/03/20 11:20
Robertmiller12 
07/03/20 11:20
Robertmiller12 

Re: Does this sound like Dupuytren?

SonicExplorer:
Ok, so I'm freaking out..... being a pro guitar player and just now reading about Dupuytren. Here's what happened....

I'm in my 50's and lift rather heavy weights to stay in shape. I've noticed over the last few years the "meat" in my hands has begun slowly deteriorating just from age so it hurts sometimes when I lift heavy. The other night I was bench pressing and suddenly felt a stabbing pain in my left palm (but in a different location than any previous pains). I took a short break, and finished the workout without any major pain. The next day however I noticed a small bump in my palm that looks similar in size to a mosquito bite but a bit more under the skin. It is down-line below my small finger a little closer to the wrist than the base of the finger. It's not "hard", rather somewhat firm and if I massage it or clench my hand for a moment it seems to disappear entirely, until I wait maybe 10 seconds and it might return. And it may come and go on it's own throughout the day. It sort of seems to have a slight hue similar to other healthy veins in my hand. So here's my question: Does anybody know if Dupuytren involves a lump that can be made to go away like mine, or rather do Dupuytren bumps tend to be hard and generally always present? Any guess what mine could be or any keywords to search on ?

Thanks,

Sonic
Hi Sonic,
In mild cases, especially if hand function is good, only observation is needed. A lump in the palm does not mean that treatment is required or that the disease will progress. For more severe cases, various treatment options are available to straighten the finger(s). But according to me home treatment is a best option.Home remedies tend to decrease the severity of the condition. Using a splint, a brace, or Dupuytren’s Tape,Dupuytren’s band can gently relax the muscles and allow movement of the fingers again.I hope this infomation will helpful for you.

1 2
 1 2
because   conventional   weightlifting   sclerotherapy   dupuytren-online   progression   symptomatically   differentiate   Dupuytren’s   possibilities   treatment   deteriorating   SonicExplorer   radiotherapy   compromised   Dupuytren   contracture   sufficiently   predisposition   preventative