| Lost password
9 users onlineYou are not loggend in.  Login
Young people with Dupuytren
12/25/18 10:43
Rebecca 
12/25/18 10:43
Rebecca 
Young people with Dupuytren

Hi! I am a nineteen year old, and was just diagnosed with Dupuytren (confirmed by a hand surgeon, MRI and ultrasound). If anyone else is a young female (or male) it would be great to hear your experience with Dupuytren. Thanks!

Edited 12/25/18 10:43

12/26/18 09:35
spanishbuddha 

Administrator

12/26/18 09:35
spanishbuddha 

Administrator

Re: Young people with Dupuytren

Rebecca:
Hi! I am a nineteen year old, and was just diagnosed with Dupuytren (confirmed by a hand surgeon, MRI and ultrasound). If anyone else is a young female (or male) it would be great to hear your experience with Dupuytren. Thanks!
Hi Rebecca, I’m not sure how much of a response you will get, but we have a couple of past threads that might help, starting https://www.dupuytren-online.info/Forum_...1536686734.html. Best wishes SB

Edited 12/26/18 09:36

12/26/18 09:46
Rebecca 
12/26/18 09:46
Rebecca 

Thank you for the response! :)

01/24/19 09:17
Jason 
01/24/19 09:17
Jason 

Hi Rebecca, though I’m not “young” anymore I used to be. I’m now 43 years old. I have both DC and plantar fibromatosis. I had my first foot surgery at age 12. I had another at 13 and a third at 14. I didn’t have another foot surgery until I was 36 or 37. I have more fibromas growing in the same foot. My left foot has never been affected.

I didn’t notice any DC until late 20s or early 30s. I have had 3 surgeries on my left hand and 1 on my right hand before my 40th birthday. I also had a Xiaflex injection on my left hand prior to my last surgery. I have several bands in both hands and will most likely have my second surgery on my right hand this fall.

My experience is I have an extremely aggressive case. I assume other people who get it young have agrressive strains as well.

01/24/19 12:03
Seph 
01/24/19 12:03
Seph 

Hi Rebecca; Like Jason people no longer see me as young but I was young once.

My first surgery on my right foot was in my early teens. The lumps returned in no time. By the time I was twenty I hand dupuytrens in both hands and ledderhose in both feet.

I now believe young means aggressive but back then I didn't even know what it was.I hadn't connected the issues with my feet with the problems with my hands. I finally got a diagnosis in my early 30s.

The good news is that I am now 64 and the DD and LD does not get in my way. I play tennis 3 times a week, i go to the gym nearly every day, I do bicycle trips etc etc. Most recently cycling on mountain bikes with one of my daughters in Ubud, Bali.

My case is aggressive. I get treatment it comes back fast and hard. I have had surgery on one foot in my early teens resulting in a return of the lumps twice the size. Also had surgery on left hand in my early 30s. I have had NA 10-12 times and going back Paris in a couple of months to get both hands done again.

My advice is take it slow. Think long act slow. Surgery should be a last course of action not your first choice despite what the medical world my tell you.

ultrasound   agrressive   confirmed   “young”   nineteen   connected   ledderhose   injection   diagnosed   fibromatosis   extremely   aggressive   Dupuytren   1536686734   surgeries   Rebecca   dupuytren-online   experience   surgery   dupuytrens