| Passwort vergessen?
Sie sind nicht angemeldet. |  Anmelden

DC Surgery
Rch Mortensen

nicht registriert

Rch Mortensen

nicht registriert

DC Surgery

For those that have had DC Surgery (fasciectomy), what type of anesthesia did you choose? Would this type of surgery be more for a local?? I tend to shy away from using the "general", but maybe it's the better way ?

eddie

nicht registriert

eddie

nicht registriert

Local

Generally speaking, I'd say leave the choice up to your surgeon/anaesthesist. But, I can't see a reason for not chosing a local.

Sean 

Sean 
General

My surgeon always does a "general". I asked him if I had a choice and he said no. The "general" was great for me. I was out for about 2 1/2 hours, woke up and a half hour later my wife drove me home. So for my DC experience, I had no pain prior to surgery and no pain after the surgery and my finger is normal.
Some people prefer a "local" if they have a choice. I think you will get the same kind of an answer that you would if you asked if they like Coke or Pepsi. It is just a personal preference thing.

Miriam

nicht registriert

Miriam

nicht registriert

Local or general for surgery ?

I've had a "local" when operated on my finger- but then that was a real simple quickie deal- not extensive- perhaps the LENGTH of time needed to do the surgery might determine local vs general?
I too do not like to be put out totally so it was great for this time- Next time tho since I have many many lumps now- on both palms, who knows...
Good luck, Miriam

Alex Allen

nicht registriert

Alex Allen

nicht registriert

Local vs. General

Just had my 2nd surgery (Jan.6) - a year ago on my left hand, this on my right. Both times was local, where they wrap the arm and then put a cuff around the upper arm. The entire arm goes to "sleep." They administer a sedative, so you basically doze thru the procedure. Recovery time is relatively quick, in that you get to go home 1-1.5 hours after surgery. Good luck!

procedure   Recovery   basically   Generally   extensive-   sedative   fasciectomy   relatively   determine   Surgery   experience   speaking   general   personal   anaesthesist   anesthesia   administer   surgeon   preference   operated