| Passwort vergessen?
Sie sind nicht angemeldet. |  Anmelden

Local or General
Don Guild

nicht registriert

Don Guild

nicht registriert

Local or General

OK, I'm sick of not being able to shake hands or give someone a "high five" and am opting for the surgery. Can somebody please tell me what the "local" anesthesia is like. I'm afraid of general and I'm hoping I'll just get a shot or two in my arm to remove any pain during the procedure. Whats the story on this and is it preferable to the general type.

Sean 

Sean 
Anesthetic

Don,
It is usually what the surgeon recommends. I had a general and thought it was great. I went to sleep and woke up 2 1/2 hrs later and it was done and I went home. The reason my surgeon recommended the general was the length of time of the operation. Others prefer a local, it is personal preference. It has been discussed quite a bit in this forum.

Sean 

Sean 
Surgery

Don,
Read the posting of "Surgery next Tues." from a couple of days ago. It is a great account of what surgery is like.

Martin 

Martin 
anaesthetic

Don, I had an arm block as described in the posting and it was great. I was in theatre from 2 to 4 in the afternoon and back at home for supper, did not need the pain killers prescribed at all.
Martin

surgery   somebody   preferable   procedure   anaesthetic   recommends   posting   prescribed   usually   afternoon   Anesthetic   General   anesthesia   recommended   described   personal   operation   preference   discussed   surgeon