3 days later
 1 2 3 4
 1 2 3 4
06/10/2006 23:21
cat 
06/10/2006 23:21
cat 
3 days later

Hi - I'm a 36 year old mother of 2 that has just been diagnosed with dupuyrtrens. I fell off my horse, broke both arm bones at the wrist, and subsequently had surgery (1 plate and 8 screws) 7 weeks ago. Last Tuesday, at a surgical followup, I noticed a small nodule on my palm under my ring finger. I showed it to the Doc and he said Dupuytrens. He was suprised at my young age. In the last *week* however, I have developed another nodule in my pinkie with a large cord *and* 2 (yes 2) larger nodules at the base of my thumb and a cord! My rehab hand therapist (only been 3 times) is fascinated and has begun mapping/recording my hand at each visit because this is progressing so fast......has anyone had this rapid growth experience? It is hard to tell about the contracture because my entire hand and wrist are both sooooo stiff from the casting/splinting after surgery. I still wear the splint 85% of the day and all night. I have been reading all of your posts for the last few days and look forward to any helpful advice and support.

also, how long is Dr. Eaton's wait list? Do I need to get on it now since my disease is moving so fast?

thanks (sorry so long)

cat

06/10/2006 23:30
cat 
06/10/2006 23:30
cat 
Cat

I really hope someone has some info for me - I am really beginning to be somewhat alarmed. Since my last post, 3 days ago, I have developed 3 more nodules ! (one of which is on the side of my thumb) Has anyone else experience such a dramatically rapid spread of DC? My knuckle joints are all really sore and the palm (just under each finger) is remains swollen constantly. My thumb is pulled in towards the pinkie, but I do not have any official measurements b/c my hand therapist does not know whether the contraction is the DD or shortening from weeks in the cast/splint after the accident and surgery....I am stunned at how fast this is moving and would really appreciate any input.

thank you very much in advance :)

cat

06/10/2006 23:42
bb

not registered

06/10/2006 23:42
bb

not registered

Cat

where do you live, cat?

06/10/2006 23:44
bb

not registered

06/10/2006 23:44
bb

not registered

Cat

sorry, meant to add, I was thinking maybe you ought to get in to see one of the Dup docs for a consult soon...

did you see the list of doctors? SuzieQ posts it regularly here.

06/10/2006 23:50
cat 
06/10/2006 23:50
cat 
Cat

I live in SC - so Eaton is the closest - but not close enough to drive down for a quick consult unfortunately(especially with 2 young children and a husband to take care of). I have a followup appt. with my hand/wrist surgeon on the 20th...

06/10/2006 23:43
Bill H.

not registered

06/10/2006 23:43
Bill H.

not registered

Cat

Cat,

That's enough. You are posting fake messages and should be ashamed of yourself. Please stop. It is childish.

06/10/2006 23:03
cat 
06/10/2006 23:03
cat 
That Bizarre Response

excuse me?

I am simply looking for answers/support.

I have no idea where you are coming from. Why in the world would you consider my posts fake? Wow - so much for finding compassion in a group of people suffering from the same bizarre disease - wow - that's really harsh

06/10/2006 23:45
SusieQ 
06/10/2006 23:45
SusieQ 
That Bizarre Response

Cat -- Please Ignore that rude post. This type of material appeared on this site awhile back and I think we breathed a collective sigh of relief when it had stopped.

I don't know why this individual would post a remark like that to someone who is already dealing with a whole lot of pain and stress. You are not the first person to have been thusly attacked so please don't take it personally!

06/10/2006 23:07
Tommy

not registered

06/10/2006 23:07
Tommy

not registered

NA doctors

Cat,

Right after you requested some information on NA I e-mailed you on 6-08-06. I didn't post it because it was just a repeat of what we see everyday on this forum. I basically described my NA experience with Dr. Eaton. His website, at handcenter.org is loaded with info on NA.

06/10/2006 23:23
Tommy

not registered

06/10/2006 23:23
Tommy

not registered

consultation

Cat,

One more point. You mentioned that Dr. Eaton is too far away for an initial consultation. If you send or e-mail him pictures of the area in question, he will respond as to whether or not NA can help the area in question. You may want to check his website for the specifics of the taking those pictures. That's exactly what I did before booking my flight from California to Florida.

1 2 3 4
 1 2 3 4
consultation   experience   practitioner   unfortunately   measurements   nodules   clevelandclinic   surgery   injections   contraction   disease   statistically   contracture   contractures   information   inconvenient   phystherapist   unsympathetic   ~dq~Nodules~dq~   Radiotherapy